Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

No-Poo Method

In my quest to find little ways to clean up the lives of my family, I've decided to cut shampoo out of my bodily cleanliness schedule. This means that instead of filling my hair and scalp with chemicals I can do a quick rinse and occasionally (at this point, every three days, but hopefully soon only once a week) use baking soda. I've been doing this for the past three weeks. 

At first I didn't like how the the baking soda made my hair feel when it was wet. It felt kind of scratchy and not clean. I realize that the smooth texture of my hair was solely the chemicals sitting on my hair, causing my hair and scalp to get extra greasy. When my hair is wet it still feels kind of nasty. Once it dries, either naturally or with a blow dryer, it feels fabulous. I usually don't use product in my hair besides a little hairspray, so I don't have problems washing out a bunch of junk each time I use baking soda. Even when my hair is semi-dry it feels gross. 

So far, it has been good. It's going to be great seeing how my hair looks and feels in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment